— Maria Renz, a former Amazon govt and technical advisor to Jeff Bezos, joined Gopuff as senior vice president of North America.
Renz was most recently an government vice president at fintech large SoFi. She earlier spent nearly two decades at Amazon as a vice president leading different groups, together with Supply Expertise, and served as CEO of Quidsi, an Amazon subsidiary.
Renz, who joined Amazon in 1999, became the very first girl named technological advisor to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, a coveted purpose she held from 2015 to 2017.
Renz is the most recent Seattle-area tech exec to sign up for Gopuff, an on-demand supply assistance for benefit shop products that is reportedly valued at $40 billion.
“Because of its relentless concentrate on prospects and very best-in-course delivery technological know-how, Gopuff is major the business and redefining how individuals are browsing right now and in the future,” Renz wrote in a LinkedIn submit.
— Liangxiao Zhu, a former engineering leader at Microsoft and Meta, joined DoorDash as vice president of engineering.
Zhu started out her job at Microsoft, where she was a senior engineer working on Windows Cell phone, HoloLens, and more. She then used almost a 10 years at Meta, most not too long ago as a senior engineering director doing work on payments technology.
Zhu will direct new verticals these types of as grocery and ease at shipping huge DoorDash, which went community in 2020. The company claimed income of $1.3 billion in the fourth quarter of very last yr.
DoorDash opened a Seattle engineering office environment in 2020.
— Deidre Boulware, previously vice president at American Century Investments, will be part of Leafly as chief individuals officer.
Boulware has much more than two decades of human means leadership experience and beforehand held roles at US Pharmacopeia, Willis Towers Watson, Money Just one, Ally Monetary, and Wachovia Securities.
She joins Leafly just months just after the Seattle organization went general public by using a SPAC merger. Founded in 2010, Leafly’s online marketplace allows clients store and choose cannabis products from licensed vendors.
The startup also serves as an academic source. Its platform has far more than 125 million yearly guests and the business enterprise generated $36 million in income in 2020, with envisioned year-in excess of-12 months development of 19% in 2021 and reaching $151 million by 2024.
Other staff variations across the Pacific Northwest tech market:
- Paul Ramsey, chief govt officer of UW Drugs, introduced he will be retiring helpful July 31. Timothy Dellit, main clinical officer, will provide as the interim CEO for the next two several years.
- Michelle Briscoe, former president of Brooks Used Labs, joined Seattle startup Talus Bio as chief functioning officer.
- Brian Adams, a previous leader at Zulily and head of portfolio at Amazon’s Alexa Fund, joined FLYR Labs as head of company progress.
- Miyuki Jane Pinckard, co-founder of Tale Kitchen area Studio, joined Xbox as worldwide portfolio director.
- Ken Barrett and Scott Fabro joined Seattle startup Arzeda as main organization officer and senior vice president of food items ingredients, respectively.
- Dr. Amy Snover, director of the University of Washington Local weather Impacts Team, will retire on June 15.
- Sean Ellis was appointed to the advisor board at Seattle-dependent startup Upfocus.
GeekWire running editor Taylor Soper contributed to this tale.