Jetpack Compose 1.2, Google’s toolkit for creating native Android UIs, is now available as a beta release. Highlights of the update include textual content enhancements these kinds of as font padding and downloadable fonts.
With downloadable fonts, app developers attain new APIs to entry Google Fonts asynchronously and to define fallback fonts without having a advanced setup. Rewards involve more compact APK measurements and enhanced program wellness, Google mentioned, because a number of apps can share the same font as a result of a service provider.
Addressing a leading-voted bug in the Android situation tracker, Jetpack Compose 1.2 would make
includeFontPadding a customizable parameter. Google recommends location this value to
untrue, which will empower more specific alignment of text inside layouts. The approach is to make
bogus the default benefit in a long run release.
The Jetpack Compose 1.2 beta, launched May 11, can be accessed from the Android developers website. The Jetpack Compose 1. output launch was released final July.
Other advancements in Jetpack Compose 1.2 incorporate:
- New tools and steerage for improving upon app functionality.
- A text magnifier widget that will make picking text less complicated.
- For lazy layouts, grid APIs
LazyHorizontalGridhave graduated out of experimental status. A new experimental API,
LazyLayout, lets builders carry out customized layouts.
- When embedding a scrolling composable in
CoordinatorLayoutfrom the check out system, builders can guarantee that scroll behaviors are interoperable, as a result building it a lot easier to established up a collapsible toolbar.
- Window dimensions lessons highlighted in the launch make it less difficult to acquire resizable layouts. These are in an alpha condition as part of new Materials 3 libraries.
- To assistance builders use Compose far more correctly, the Android Studio Dolphin IDE launch, now in beta, provides options for Compose advancement. An Animation Coordination resource lets builders see and scrub by all animations at once whilst Multipreview Annotation aids constructing for multiple display dimensions.
- Compose for the Dress in OS smartwatch system has moved to a beta stage.